Example Course Layout
The following is a typical example outline of one of our courses. This course was delivered to a local PCT. Benefits from the course include:
- How to achieve positive self talk
- Increasing our levels of Energy & Motivation
- Improve situations through Mental rehearsal
- Turn negatives into positives by reframing
- Being aware how your body language and attitude ripples throughout your work place
- Relaxation and its benefits
- Walk the walk and talk the talk
- Skills that will help you cope with any change, personal, family or work changes
- Provide you with the skills to enable you to make healthy lifestyle choices and to pass this on to others
- To work as a team and collectively send out a strong, healthy and positive image of the PCT both to the general public and to potential partner organisations
- Stop procrastinating
- Changing self limiting beliefs
- Becoming aware of your stress levels and how to reduce them
What you won’t get on the course is:
- Fancy jargon
- Work based conversations
- Lots of theory with no day to day applications
Body & Mind provides unique training programmes in areas such as motivation, work/life balance and stress management. Staff initially have a personal 1-2-1 meeting, the purpose of which is twofold: to ask a series of questions that allow Body & Mind to laser beam the course content rather than have a shotgun approach; which saves time and money and enables the course to be delivered in such a way that staff feel they have some input into it, resulting in an open minded and receptive audience.
The first 1-2-1s helps to create rapport and dispel any fears or unknowns that might hinder staff from absorbing the positive skills learned on the course.
We follow the 1-2-1s with a 2 day course. Day 1 being followed some two weeks later by day 2. By doing this, staff are able to practice the tools and skills learnt on the first day, physically and mentally experiencing the positive benefits, resulting in Day 2 having an even greater impact in their self improvement. An example of the content for the workshops is outlined at the end of this proposal. From an operational perspective, it allows the PCT to ‘keep the show on the road’ and make it easier to release staff
After the two day course we then have a second 1-2-1 to work on any specific issues or problems the employees might have and also go over any of the N.L.P tools or any part of the course that they might not have understood but didn’t want to raise in a group setting.
The content of the workshop deliberately does not focus on work specific issues too much, although work is discussed. We know that any improvement made personally or at home will always benefit the company as well. A happier employee is also a healthier employee, plus a happier employee equals happier customers with the long term benefits being obvious.
Understanding Of The Current Situation
Body and Mind Unlimited understand the requirements to be:
- To develop an education and learning programme for approximately 12 receptionist that work within a PCT medical centre which takes into account how their attitudes and lifestyle choices ripple onto the customers and their expectations of a modern and healthy medical centre and a professional team of staff
Some of the needs to be addressed by the programme are:
- Recognise and understand that how and what we think effects what we do and how we do it
- To walk the walk and talk the talk
- Recognise and reduce stress within themselves and others
- Develop the ‘buy-in’ from staff in creating a ‘can do’ approach
- To create a sense of pride, positive attitude and feel good factor in their job and what they do, and how to become positive role models for the PCT
- To create a healthy work life balance to increase positivity and reduce stress and sickness
- To assist staff to understand and become aware of the un-spoken messages they are sending out to the customers by how they walk, talk and go about their day to day work
- Assist employees in making healthier lifestyle choices
- 24 Hour Support line
- Exclusive e-mail address for staff to obtain support and advice post training
A range of activities and modules have been outlined. This is not an exhaustive list, nor may it be appropriate to include every element. The final design will be agreed during the initial planning and development phase
Welcome & Introductions
- Ice breaker
- Why are we here?
- Benefits of relaxation
- Understanding our own inner, silent dialogue
- Managing your mental state – changing your mind set
- Behaviours & the ripple effect on others
- Rapport skills
- Values and beliefs
- Understanding how change effects us (the change curve)
- Taking action – Being The Best – creating a passion to win
- Motivating you, motivating others
- Empowerment to make personal healthier choices and the skills to pass this to others
What Are Customer’s Expectations
- What influences our expectations?
- What can we do to satisfy expectations?
- Perception is reality
- Professional service
- Good communication
- What is Stress?
- Defining the physical and mental aspects of stress
- What contributes to work/life pressure?
- Recognising the Signs
- Coping with personal stress
Solutions and Self Management
- Taking control
- Overcoming stress
- Strategies for handling situations positively
- Relaxation techniques
Summary and Review/Personal Commitment
- Focussing on the future
- Looking after you
- Personal action planning
- Summary and close